This easy vegan recipe is a winner because it’s so versatile. You can make tuna sandwiches,lettuce wraps or serve it with your favorite crackers. It really does taste like tuna salad,it’s salty,crunchy and creamy.
Now let’s get into baking these potatoes. The first step to baking a perfect baked potato is to clean them. You can use a produce brush and water or simply wash them really good with your hands over running water. Then you prick them with a fork all over so that when they expand in the oven the heat can escape and cook the potato on the inside. If you don’t prick those holes it will pop,and you don’t want that. 🙂
Then coat the outside of the potato with olive oil and a little salt. This process will make the outside of the potato nice and crispy when it’s baked.
When the potato comes out of the oven simply cut the potato across sideways and then down the middle,pinch each side and the potato will puff up in the middle. Scoop out a little of the potato and then stuff with the vegan tuna salad. It’s tastes best hot,or warm.
Vegan Tuna Salad
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 small pickle diced
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1/2 habanero pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 4 tablespoons diced purple cabbage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tahini or vegan mayo
- Place all of the ingredients into a medium bowl and mix well.
- Serve with bread,crackers or eat by itself.
4 Large Idaho potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash the potatoes.
- Prick each potato with a fork all over .
- Rub the potatoes with olive oil.
- Then sprinkle salt all over each potatoes.
- Place them onto a baking sheet and bake them for 40 minutes to an hour.
- Pierce the potatoes with a paring knife to make sure that there nice and soft.
- Take them out and cut the potatoes down the middle and then across.
- Press each side and then scoop out some of the potato. Then stuff with the vegan tuna salad.