This recipe makes about nine cups of ginger beer and is a tried and true recipe that I have been developing for years.
I don’t know of a better way to entertain guests or yourself this spring or summer. They will love you for introducing them to this drink.To the native Caribbean’s , your friends will be amazed at how similar the look and taste of this healthier version is. There is actually zero difference in taste.
For this recipe I added goodies like cinnamon, *mace, nutmeg and a hint of clove. These are the secret ingredients that let your guests know you really mean business and are familiar with true traditional Caribbean cuisine.
A little more about Mace :
- Mace in the seed covering of the nutmeg, it is usually forgotten and rarely used however don’t count out its greatness. Mace is great when you want power packed nutmeg flavor.The flavor is like nutmeg but ten times stronger. Use this spice exactly how you would utilize nutmeg. It comes pre-ground and whole, so you can choose.Personally I love the potency and flavor that whole mace provides. Nutmeg and mace are good for digestion, appetite, diarrhea, vomiting and nausea, insomnia, common cold and dehydration.
Here is the recipe and thank you so much for your love and support ! I really do enjoy writing and interacting with you.
- 3 knobs of ginger peeled
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 tbsp of ground ginger
- ½ tbsp of cinnamon ground
- 1 whole piece of mace
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1½ cups of sucanant ( dehydrated cane sugar )
- 9 cups of water
- Place all the ingredients into your blender and blend well.
- Strain the mixture over a bowl with a nut milk bag or cheese cloth.
- Refrigerate over night to marry the flavors and then serve.